If you’re not familiar with the Liebsters, they are awards intended to recognize bloggers with small followings and to encourage them to keep posting.
Liebster nominees are asked to:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer eleven questions the blogger gives you.
- Give eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate eleven blogs you think are worthy of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers.) **This rule is a little misleading since twitter followers may be included as well. So, you might not be able to tell the true number of “blog followers”. Make a guess and choose who you love.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them eleven questions to answer.
Since I did all of this in November, I won’t be doing it again, but of course I’m going to answer Vee’s questions!
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started this blog as an outlet for professional writing — I wanted to share my thoughts about Libraryland. This winter, I decided I wanted to write about other things as well, and another blog was going to be way too much. Thus, Cardigan-Clad Culinary was born!
2. What was your favorite television show as a child?
Although I watched a lot of shows as a child, the one that I remember most fondly is Wishbone. Really, who doesn’t love an adorable dog and classic literature? I recently bought the entire series on DVD so that any future children I have can enjoy it too!
3. Are you allergic to any foods?
Fortunately, no! I have a battery of strange allergies, but foods aren’t included. I do try to keep my dairy intake to a minimum, though, since too much makes my stomach upset.
4. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Watching wedding shows. TLC’s shows Four Weddings and Say Yes to the Dress are my favorites, but I definitely indulge in the occasional episode of Bridezillas as well. No shame.
Okay, I lied. Some shame.
5. What is your favorite sport?
I am alarmingly unathletic, but I like to attempt to play volleyball. Alternately, I enjoy watching ice hockey. Go Pens!
6. What is your favorite season of the year?
Spring and Fall tie for me here — I love transitional weather. Winter is also lovely, so long as I don’t have to drive in it. Sorry, Summer. I only like you when I’m visiting the beach or a lake!
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Right now, I’m pining for a tour of the United Kingdom. I studied a lot of British Romantic literature in college, and my boyfriend keeps talking up Scotland.
8. Tea or coffee?
Java, please! I love both, but I usually indulge in coffee. Bonus points if I can find a yummy creamer 🙂
9. What is the last book you read?
I most recently finished reading The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. I need to improve my reading game!
10. What is your favorite comfort food?
Pizza. Or macaroni and cheese. Or Mexican food. Or a big hamburger. Or Thai food. Or…
11. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
After paying off my student loans, I would buy a plane ticket to somewhere awesome. Maybe the United Kingdom. Or New Zealand. Or I could just go back to Costa Rica.