I’ve gotten a lot of joy throughout the last week saving things I’ve enjoyed reading to share with you. I hope that I’ll have the time to keep up with “Wednesday Reading” – it’s definitely a great way to post without adding a ton of extra work to my evenings!
- Book Riot’s Recommendations for a Modern-Day Belle is a clever idea. I like to think that Belle would have gone in some less conventional directions, though. Maybe she would love The Bone Season or Gone Girl.
- Rosa Parks’ Writings are being sent to the Library of Congress today. Kind of a big deal.
- Have you ever wondered why we’re so obsessed with the apocalypse theme in novels? Book Riot gives a pretty clear overview. Basic, but still good.
- Wouldn’t it be great to have an amazing workspace like the one on the ISS?
- 5 Ways You Don’t Realize You’re Being Negative should be required reading for all professionals. Actually, no: for all people.
- I really enjoyed this article about how to look professional and be warm during the winter. Some good tips in here!
- I made this Slow Cooker Thai Butternut Soup the other night and it was delicious. I cut down on calories by cutting the peanut butter way back, increasing the broth, and adding mushrooms.
- My friend Michelle published a series of Dragon Age drink recipes on her blog this week! Dragon Age is a video game that she adores, and she made different drinks for different characters. This is such a clever idea!
- I am totally craving this Crock Pot Chana Masala
- Have you heard of Hustisford? It’s a town in Wisconsin that didn’t learn English for five generations.
- Manatees. I can honestly say that my knowledgebase about this mammal now than I ever thought I would.
- For someone who is overwhelmed by financial jargon, Lifehacker’s investment guide is something to keep in my back pocket.